Anxiety Disorder Explained
Nature and impact of Anxiety Disorder.
- Anxiety disorder is a blanket term covering several different forms of a type of mental illness of abnormal and pathological fear and anxiety.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is an anxiety disorder which results from a traumatic experience. Post-traumatic stress can result from an extreme situation. Husbands work situation turned him into an alcoholic over a very short period with a result of loss of business and income for the family. This has led to GAD for the Partner.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is a common chronic (compassion or fatigue) disorder characterized by long-lasting anxiety that is not focused on any one object or situation. Those suffering from generalized anxiety experience a non-specific persistent fear and worry and become overly concerned with everyday matters. Generalized anxiety disorder is the most common anxiety disorder to affect older adults.
A description of the main stream treatments
The first step is to have a consultation with your General Practitioner.
The two most common treatments for Anxiety Disorder are psychotherapy and medication obtained via consultation with a psychiatrist. Psychotherapy is the treatment of choice for people under 18. Care is usually given on an outpatient basis, whereas treatment in an inpatient unit is considered if there is a significant risk to self or others.
Description of resources and support persons.
|Name and services||Contact details|
|Anxiety Disorders Alliance||www.ada.mentalhealth.asn.au|
|Black Dog Institute.|
Online self-testing for depression
Material on medications and contraindications.
|Wikipedia – Anxiety Disorder||www.wikipedia.com|
|Graeme Cowan Author|
“Back from the Brink”
The process of Body Balance with the use of Feet and Hand Reflexology
The Body is constantly in a state of movement. The body is a remarkable machine consisting of twelve Anatomical Structural operating systems namely, Endocrine, Nervous, Integumentary (skin), Skeletal, Muscular, Cardiovascular, Lymphatic, Respiratory, Digestive, Urinary, Male Reproductive and Female Reproductive Systems. Physiology is the study of how these systems work together to remain in Body Balance or Homeostasis. Reflexology works through each of these systems reflected in the feet and hands.
How Reflexology can assist a person with Anxiety Disorder.
Reflexology can complement whatever medical treatment is being received. Reflexology is an empathic touch to the feet and hands helping to restore a sense of body image and self-worth. Reflexology promotes relaxation, increased circulation and energy while aiding to release stress and pain. The Reflexologist works with the person rather than the diagnosis and works from a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual point of view.
Concepts for a Healing Management Plan in addition the Medical Process.
Each person’s journey is different. However consider making three lists.
- A list of Stressors. Genetic and environmental issues.
- A list of Symptoms you observe when suffering from anxiety.
- An Anxiety Management Plan. Including exercise and a change in life’s situations.
Fundamentals of Supportive Care.
The Care Unit consists of the client, family and carers. To assist the client to achieve the greatest self-care, self-determination and self-responsibility a Team Approach involves the needs of the client, family and carers.
The Benefits of an Alive reflexology treatment include.
- Caring touch helps to restore a client’s sense of self and body image.
- Clients are spared from speaking if they choose not to speak.
- The body is not exposed, keeping the clients privacy intact.
- It is a quiet treatment enabling rest and relaxation.
- The client is in control and can make choices in regard to treatment methodology.
- Continuity of care is established with the same therapist.
- Reflexology is not invasive and the client can feel the beauty of their real self.
- Clients can be taught hand reflexes and can continue self-care between treatments.
Reactions to an Alive Feet and Hand Reflexology
The reactions vary for each person and Reflexology Session. The reactions may include a feeling of relaxation, peace, calm or even falling asleep. You may experience a different reaction of pain release, energy release, stress release, emotional release or even a few tears. This may be described as a “Healing Crisis of Your Body” which may continue for a few days as your body works towards Body Balance again. If the reaction continues beyond a few days please call your practitioner for assistance.
The Cost of an Alive Reflexology Treatment.
The Cost of an Alive Reflexology treatment is $85 per hour. Mobile service is $95 per hour. Please click here to book your appointment now.
DO YOU WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER, SOCIAL MEDIA FEED OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this text copy in its entirety:
Robert Vicary from Alive Radiant Therapies specialises in guiding clients to achieve total body wellness through therapeutic reflexology, remedial massage, myofacial release, manual lymphatic drainage and other techniques.
He specialises in pain relief (especially back & neck pain) stress and anxiety disorders, PTSD, pregnancy massage and more.
To book an appointment with Robert, at his clinic at The Gap, in Brisbane’s western suburbs, click here.