A Holistic Approach to Parkinson’s Disease (PD) and Other Neurodegenerative Diseases
On 24 July 2013, my first Parkinson’s disease client Paul presented at my clinic. He had been a personal friend for nine years beforehand where I had observed his slow demise. Paul’s Diagnosis of Parkinson Disease was just after he turned 50 years old. His demise included reduced mobility, speech, sleep, mental clarity and an inability to make decisions. Increasing anxiety, depression and tremors, he experienced a divorce; couch surfing, loss of driving, early retirement and a lack of self-worth. By 62 he was living in a retirement village. As a sensitive kid, he suffered early childhood trauma in Perth. He replaced his study in the priesthood with the study of psychology and remained as an employee and not a risk taker. He has an Endomorphic round gut body and is very much a carer.
PD Foot poor health PD Body distortions PD Deep-Brain Stimulation
Western Medical Approach to treatment of Parkinson Disease
Paul’s Neurologist follows Western Medical treatments consisting of an ever increasing drug regime then followed by a Deep-Brain Stimulation implant. The implant reduced the drug regime but was adjusted to enhance his mobility or his speech but left him wanting at different times. In Australia, we have the supporting research work of Physiologist and Neurobiologist David Finkelstein, Head of the Parkinson’s disease Laboratory at the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health in Melbourne which has gained global acclaim. Most of their work is based around working on the symptoms with the use of drugs and biomolecular nerve surgery developments including deep-brain stimulation.
Integrative Medical Approach to Treatment of Parkinson Disease
Paul then added the services of The Integrative Medical Approach to Parkinson’s disease treatment by adding a layer of Allied Health Practitioners. Again this concentrated on fixing symptoms.
Correlation between Long Term Stress and the Nervous System in Parkinson Disease
From 1945 Western Medical Research centered on pharmaceutical and surgical developments. Russia and Japan concentrated their healing research into energy and water. I became interested in the research of Dr. Masaru Emoto of Japan and how words and trauma affected water molecules and formation of water crystals. Refer to Water Crystal Healing and the effects of disease on water.
I then discovered The Research of Professor Gerald H Pollack in his book “The Fourth Phase of Water”. This research extended the Russian and Japanese Research on energy and water. Professor Gerald H Pollack, Ph.D. is a Professor of Bioengineering at the University of Washington – Seattle WA and is Head of the Pollack Laboratories.
The Fourth Phase of Water is the “Liquid Crystal” state of the Exclusion Zone (EZ) Skin of Water
The Fourth Phase of Water provided clues for working with Parkinson Disease and PTSD clients because of their long-term trauma and degenerative experiences.
We all know the first three phases of water, liquid or fluid bulk water, solid as frozen ice and vapor as the cloud. Well, the Fourth Phase of water is the surrounding “Skin or Liquid Crystal” Interfacial Exclusive Zone (EZ) of “Bulk Liquid Water H2O” where water combines to form H3O2. EZ water is negatively charged and is a hexagonal honeycomb-shaped mesh holding bulk water in and everything else out while allowing the transference of oxygen and nutrients and toxins through the mesh.
From a Parkinson Disease point of view the Nucleus and Mitochondria within a cell as well as all the Endocannabinoid Nerve System including the deep-brain section (Subthalamic Nucleus, Substantia Nigra, Hippocampus and Amygdala), nerve cells (particularly the Central Nervous System and Vagus Nerve) and connective muscle fascia all reside in water and are surrounded by the EZ Exclusive Zone skin of water.
In a Homeostasis state of the body, the EZ skin of water is in a state of Liquid Crystal which allows for the transference of Sun Radiant Energy (Vitamin D) to charge the battery of bulk water and enable the flow of oxygen and nutrients and toxins in and out through the EZ mesh.
In a traumatized and long term stressed situation as in Parkinson Disease and PTSD the EZ zone instead of being in a “Liquid Crystal” state becomes a hardened “Crystallised” EZ mesh restricting the transference of oxygen, nutrients, and toxins.
Correlation between Long Term Stress and diseases of the Mitochondria.
Mitochondrial Research indicates that with the breakdown of the transference of oxygen, nutrients and toxins leads to an impaired autophagy process (cleansing) in the cellular structure.
I refer you to the research “Loss of iron triggers PINK1/Parkin-independent mitophagy”
George F.G. Allen1, Rachel Toth1, John James2 & IanG.Ganley1+ 1- MRC-Protein Phosphorylation and Ubiquitylation Unit, and 2 – Cell Signaling and Immunology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK EMBO reports (2013) 14, 1127–1135. doi:10.1038/ embor.2013.168
George F.G. Allan writes “We are interested in a cell protective mechanism termed autophagy.
The cells of our body are constantly exposed to potentially damaging agents from both external sources, such as the sun’s harmful UV rays or pathogenic bacteria, as well as internal sources, including free radicals produced by the cells metabolic pathways. Thankfully we have multiple mechanisms to help us cope with this onslaught. One such protection mechanism is autophagy (which literally means self-eating), whereby damaged and unwanted cellular components are targeted for degradation and recycling. These components are engulfed by a specialised structure known as the autophagosome and delivered to the digestive lysosome. This essential process prevents the cell from ending up a rubbish dump, and because of this, impaired autophagy has been linked to many diseases including neurodegeneration (including Parkinson Disease, MS, Autism, Huntington’s, Chronic Fatigue, Alzheimer’s, Epilepsy, Learning Difficulties refer to chart), cancer, aging, heart disease, liver disease, and infections.”
Reflexology and remedial massage reverse the “Crystallised” EZ to “Liquid Crystal” EZ.
During email discussions with George F.G. Allan he stated that “Remedial massage and reflexology movement over the surface of the body working into the myofascial structure and through the feet have been found to work like a recharge of Sun Radiant Energy to soften and calm the energy structure of the water skin around the mitochondria at a cellular level.”
Remedial Massage and Reflexology may assist the functioning of the Endocannabinoid (Nerve) system in the following ways:
- Memory systems calming. (Reduced Hypervigilance and anxiety in the Hippocampus and Amygdala). Concentration on the big toe including Deep-brain region reflex.
- Improved dietary system and strengthening of the Vagus nerve
- Pain relief (Reduced Physical, Emotional and Mental depression pain)
- Deeper REM sleep (Fewer nightmare dreams)
- Improved Head to Heart and Gut integration (Holistic Health assimilation and eliminations)
- Calmer Endocrine system (Pineal, Pituitary and Adrenal glands and increased libido)
- The reduced rigidity of the myofascial coving the muscles which end in hands and feet.
- Improved postural stability
- Improved transference of neuro signals through the nerve synapse.
- Improved ability to integrate with family, society, and environment. (Greater Trust)
- Improved ability to integrate with medications and psychological treatments (Openness)
- Clearer mind to embrace new directions, mindfulness and your Purpose in Life (Peace)
- Myofascial anatomy lines releases including body, feet and hand locations
- Energy work through Emmett, Bowen, and Reiki
- Emotional releases from trauma or stress causation.
The Endocannabinoid Nerve System and Parkinson Disease
Parkinson Disease affects all aspects of the nerve system. An introduction to the global use of Hemp products over the last five thousand years. Research summaries are at The Realm of Caring www.theroc.us. Global research for Parkinson Disease is drawn from Denver and Minnesota in the USA, Madrid in Spain, Sao Paulo in Brazil and Chungju in South Korea and Dr. Sanjay Gutpa https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanjay_Gupta In Australia from – United in Compassion www.unitedincompassion.com.au/ .
- Non Cannabinoids Hemp Seed products with nil cannabinoids can now be consumed in Australia in the form of seed, seed oil (high in omega oils 3, 6 and 9) and seed protein and seed flour. Already available in health food stores and chemists.
- Cannabinoids Hemp Flower products from Industrial Hemp plants. High in Cannabidiol (Hemp CBD oil) and low in tetrahydrocannabinol (THC psychoactive) is a natural raw cold pressed oil sold in the USA as a dietary supplement like olive oil. Useful for the health of the nerve system including acting as an antidepressant and counterbalance for those who are medicine sensitives or are suffering from the side effects of the Parkinson Disease pharma drug regime.
Hemp CBD oil is classified by the TGA as a Schedule 4 “Drug” prescribable by an authorised GP or Specialist for an “approved therapeutic purpose”.
- Cannabinoids Hemp Flower products from Cannabis or Marijuana Hemp plants. Medicinal Cannabis or Medical Marijuana flowers are heat processed to convert the THC acid into the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC psychoactive). Research has been found to be useful to reduce the tremors or dyskinesia for Parkinson Disease patients. Refer to YouTube. Medical Marijuana and Parkinson’s Part 3 of 3 Ride with Larry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNT8Zo_sfwo. CNN Special: Michael J. Fox Talks to Sanjay Gupta www.youtube.com/watch?v=la63uShbtsc
Hemp Medicinal Marijuana is classified by the TGA as a Schedule 8 “Drug” prescribable by an authorised Specialist for an ”approved therapeutic purpose”.
How Hemp improves the Endocannabinoid Nerve System for Parkinson Disease.
Molecular structure of Hemp CBD
Source http://www.cbdscience.com/cbd-cannabidiol.html 2008
Reversal of Parkinson’s disease by John Pepper – Hope abounds
John Pepper of South Africa has reversed his Parkinson’s disease. Refer to www.reverseparkinsons.net/
John Pepper’s Five Steps to Reverse Parkinson’s disease include
- Medication – MAO-b inhibitors (Dopamine)
- Therapy – Why Walk.
- Stress – Stress management and release of early traumas.
- Diet – What and When.
- Attitude – Feeling sorry for myself.
If it is possible for John Pepper then it is possible for many others. Check Amazon for other stories.
The Alive Radiant Therapies Six Body Holistic Health Approach to Parkinson Disease
All this research has led me to add the Eternal Body to make a Six Body Holistic Health Approach to Life. This is one more than the Ayurvedic five-pointed body approach to life.
Paul’s application of the Six body Holistic Health Approach to Parkinson Disease.
- Physical Body. Paul is following the full Western Medical model plus Gym and Walking. Diet changes have included reducing white bread, white sugar, white milk, and glutens. Increasing organic, fresh, raw and using the least processed foods. Adding Antioxidant “Cell Food” to the drinking water for oxygenation. Mitochondrion support “Neurochondria” and Vitamin support. Hemp seed Oils (Omega 3, 6 & 9) and hemp protein powder.
- Emotional Body. As a good psychologist, Paul does a lot of clearing of this Full Life’s record of emotional events and the special significances he has placed on them. He is also working on clearing his 180,000 years of Inherited DNA and Akashic karmic records. Big Toe Reflex.
- Mental Body. Paul is looking for “Turnarounds” of Attitudes with 180-degree different points of view of events. The Work by Byron Katie. He also uses ACT, PSYCH-K and Emotion Code
- Spiritual body. Integration of his Seven Endocrine glands and seven Chakras of the body. Opening up Feelings and connections with and through the heart. Reactivation of the Pineal.
- Energetic Body. Reactivation the Solar Plexus to recharge his body with Sun Radiant Energy. Acupuncture. Neurolinking treatments including NET & EFT. Pellowah, Emmett, and Pranic healing. Water EZ and Myofascial rebalancing aimed at the health of the Mitochondria.
- Eternal Body. Mindfulness connection to the zero-point singularity of non-time and non-Space. Connecting with the background in which this universe and planet exist. The Practicing of Beingness and less Doingness. Yoga sessions. Use of TENS and Scenars.
Will Paul’s approach lead to a reversal for his Parkinson Disease or a healing that will enable him to experience his full wholeness of his Beingness? We are learning from Paul’s Journey with love and many thanks.
- Pallidal versus Subthalamic Deep-Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s Disease March 3, 2011. The New England Journal of Medicine. http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa0907083#t=article
- Physiologist and Neurobiologist David Finkelstein is the head of the Parkinson’s Disease Laboratory at the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health. The Florey florey.edu.au/history. Now focused on neuroscience, the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health is an amalgam of the Howard Florey Institute, the Mental Health Research Institute, the National Stroke Research Institute and the Brain Research Institute and is focused on finding cures for brain disease.
Our teams work on a range of serious diseases including stroke, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, Huntington’s disease, motor neuron disease, traumatic brain and spinal cord injury, depression, schizophrenia, mental illness, and addiction. We are world leaders in imaging technology, stroke rehabilitation, and epidemiological studies.
- Professor Mellick was trained in chemistry and biochemistry at the University of Queensland completing an Honours degree in Natural Products Chemistry. Professor Mellick is currently the Deputy Director of the Griffith Institute for Drug Discovery. Prof Mellick’s research interests include:
- Investigating the pathogenesis, aetiology and epidemiology of neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease.
- Influence of complex interactions between genetic and environmental factors in relation to disease risk
- Professor Peter Silburn is the foundation Professor of Clinical Neuroscience at the University of Queensland, who works in the ‘deep inner space’ of the human brain. Peter uses Deep Brain Stimulation to probe and stimulate specific areas of the brain – while the patient is still conscious. The results have been stunning – relieving patients of the terrible paralyzing symptoms of Parkinson’s, Tourette’s and Epilepsy – even Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Over 500 surgeries completed.
- Professor Gerald H Pollack in his book “The Fourth Phase of Water”. This research extended the Russian and Japanese Research on energy and water. Professor Gerald H Pollack, Ph.D. is a Professor of Bioengineering at the University of Washington – Seattle WA and is Head of the Pollack Laboratories.
- “Loss of iron triggers PINK1/Parkin-independent mitophagy” George F.G. Allen1, Rachel Toth1, John James2 & IanG.Ganley1+ 1MRC-Protein Phosphorylation and Ubiquitylation Unit, and 2Cell Signaling and Immunology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK EMBO reports (2013) 14, 1127–1135. doi:10.1038/ embor.2013.16.
- In the USA The Realm of Caring theroc.us and www.learngreenflower.com/
- In Australia. United in Compassion www.unitedincompassion.com.au/
- Dr. Sanjay Gutpa https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanjay_Gupt
- Medical Marijuana and Parkinson’s Part 3 of 3 Ride with Larry. youtube.com/watch?v=zNT8Zo_sfwo.
- CNN Special: Michael J. Fox Talks to Sanjay Gupta youtube.com/watch?v=la63uShbtsc
- The molecular structure of Hemp CBD. cbdscience.com/cbd-cannabidiol.html 2008
- John Pepper www.reverseparkinsons.net/
- Scenar is a Russian developed hand held biofeedback devise. When the Scenar is placed on an injured or diseased part of the body the Scenar sends an electroneuro-stimulator to the brain. The brain then reply’s with a neuropeptide to stimulate or calm the injured or diseased part of the body. http://www.scenar.com.au/.
For further reference material connect with our Resources pages here.
Holistic Health Care Action
If you are interested in exploring how your physical pain, illness or discomfort may be connected to other facets of your health, wellbeing or spirituality, book an appointment with Robert Vicary now, and start your journey to Total Body Wellness. Bookings page here