We are celebrating the Five-Year anniversary of the partial legalisation of Medicinal Cannabis
industry in Australia from 16 February 2016. There are few update notes.
Medicinal Cannabis Update Five Years on from 16 February 2016.
- 1 February 2021. Pharmacy only medicine – Low doses of Cannabidiol (CBD) full spectrum cold pressed and alive with Terpenes has been reclassified from a Schedule 4 (Prescription Medicine) to a Schedule 3 (Pharmacy only medicine) supply across the counter without the need for a costly TGA approval. The supply is for up to 150mg/day for 30 days’ supply. Higher dosages will still need a prescription from your GP or Specialist. TGA is approving
manufactures product at the present and these will be available soon.
- 2 December 2020. Driving Research. University of Sydney, Lambert Initiative has completed its landmark study on the effect of THC, CBD, combination THC and CBD and a placebo on driving. This study was led by Dr Thomas Arkell in conjunction with the Maastricht University in the Netherlands. CBD was found to have no effect on drivers. THC effect wears off from between four and ten hours. Refer to product specific instructions. Please note THC traces can be found in your blood for up to fourteen days. Have a look at the YouTube summary ‘Drug Driving Discovery. The Project Network 10’. Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAN6eg5pVmM Details of the report are found at
cannabis-does-not-impair-driving-landmark-study-shows.html Teams of lawyers are working with State Governments to amend the driving laws for prescription users.
- Rebate from private health insurer. Health Insurance Fund of Australia (HIF) has announced a partnership with West Australian-based medicinal cannabis manufacturer Little Green Pharma (LGP). Under the deal the health fund will pay rebates for medicinal cannabis across all but one of its Extras policies with eligible members receiving up to $105 back per script for LGP product and $80 for other brands, first for the health fund sector. This is another way to help bring the price lower. Medicinal Cannabis products are not yet covered by the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS). Source: https://www.hif.com.au/help/claiming-information/medicinal-cannabis-and-treatment-access
- Medicinal Cannabis THC and CBD uses in Australia 2021
Source: https://www.australiancannabissummit.com/replays/ 2019 and 20120.
https://unitedincompassion.com.au/2019-uic-symposium/ 2014 to 2019 and 2021.
https://www.greenchoices.com.au/research/research-library 16 topics by disease.
In the USA : https://realmofcaring.org/roc-research/research-library/ 800 articles. This includes research on some of the following uses topics plus more: –
Inflammation and stress, Chronic Pain, Neuropathic Pain, Cancer Pain, Insomnia, Anxiety, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Migraines, PTSD, Palliative Care, Cachexia (weight loss) or Anorexia, Parkinson’s Disease (PD), Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Fibromyalgia, Crohn’s disease or Inflammatory Bowel disease (IBD), Epilepsy, Autism, ADHD, Appetite, Vagus Nerve, Mid brain amygdala and hippocampus, Diabetes, Endocannabinoid system, Mental illnesses, Asthma, Schizophrenia, driving and much more.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) is now covering prescriptions in certain cases.
- Current Access through GPs and Pharmacies
• Pharmacies – No registration required now.
• Ask ‘What is their dispensing experience?’
• Ask ‘Which GPs are writing the scripts?’
• GP’s – No registration required. GP training.
• Ask ‘Who is the specialist in the practice?’
• Ask ‘Do they have experience and interest?’
• If no support, then……
- Finding a GP and Pharmacy. By Postcode. Go to
• https://althea.life/ Go to Concierge Register.
• Register as a Patient.
• Search Doctor Directory by your postcode
• Search Pharmacy Directory by your postcode.
- If still not satisfied, Then….. Google Search – Medicinal Cannabis Clinics Australia.
National Specialist Clinics
• https://plantmed.net.au/ and https://plantmed.net.au/videos/ research.
• Send feedback to your GP & Specialist. Education. No Referrals required.
• Take a copy of your medical history with you from your GP.
- What got me excited about Medicinal Cannabis?
• I was seeing a number of Parkinson’s Disease PD Clients.
• I started to research. YouTube Videos.
• Medical Marijuana and Parkinson’s Part 3 of 3
• About Larry Smith and the benefits of THC for Dyskinesia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNT8Zo_sfwo
- Medicinal Cannabis Flower Products. From Pharmacies
• Cannabis Flower Product – THC and CBD
• Forms – Drops in Oil, Vaping, Smoking.
• Cost of oils – $200 to $350 for 50 ml bottle.
• Certified and measured dosing.
• High volume users (Epilepsy) call me about bulk Compounding Pharmacy products.
- Cannabis Seed Product. Health Food Stores
• Omega 3, 6, 9, Protein Available Health Stores
- Robert Vicary – Ask for more information and References
• Services: Medicinal Cannabis
• Services: Parkinson’s disease
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org