Tools for helping Mental Health Clients
These are some of the keys and tools I use when working with Mental Health Clients:
Each Person’s “Original DNA Blue Print” is still intact within self. Your peace and your calm can be reactivated to assist changing a “Learning Experience” into a “Blessing”. Life’s “Events” become woven into your fabric of Life which is your unique “ART of Being Human” on “Your Journey to Total Body Wellness”.
- The client will often front with a minor ailment, i.e. sore ankle, hip, shoulder or arm. Generally the reason for the visit does not include the mental health issue.
- Our Aim is to assist the client with their complimentary maintenance programs.
- We have to set limited outcomes for each visit, which then can be surpassed.
- Trust is important to be built between the client, the carer, the medical team and the practitioner. We have to be mindful of the needs of the client.
- Once trust is established the client usually directs the work they will let me do.
- Being part of a community is vital and not feeling isolated is very important.
- A Mental Health Client who is treated with Patience and Respect and then receives a “Touching” hands on Remedial Massage is in itself a very therapeutic experience.
- Reduce stressors where possible. This may take two years before the reduction of stressors can even be considered. A Supportive environment is important.
- An exercise programme is important. Walking the Dog, Swimming, Yoga and Pilates to name a few.
- Generally sessions are at the clinic, however I will visit hospitals or homes depending if this is appropriate and agreed to by the medical practitioner or the carer.
- Sometimes we have to use calming techniques or Isotonic Eccentric Contraction which is like calming the Coriolis or Torus Energy of a hurricane within the Adrenal, Pituitary, Pineal and other Endocrine Glands.
- Other times we need to use stimulating techniques or Isotonic Concentric Contraction which is like building the Coriolis or Torus Energy of a hurricane within the Adrenal, Pituitary, Pineal and other Endocrine Glands.
- Drinking water programs are also very important. (As opposed to drinking coke, coffee, alcohol and other drinks with high levels of stimulants and sugar.)
- Dietary programmes are also very important. www.gapsdiet.com is a good start. We have Naturopaths for referral purposes when appropriate.
- Constipation is often a problem that can be worked on the feet with reflexology.
- Re-balancing work has to be commenced between the Sympathetic nervous system and the Parasympathetic nervous systems that are working in opposite directions. We try to average out the effects of the highs and lows with massage. However the results are hard to quantify as each episode seems to be of a different severity. Bipolar is often described as a quick swing between the functioning of the Sympathetic and Parasympathetic functioning of the body.
- A lot of work can be done through the Enteric or Gut Brain that then feeds the Cephalic or Head Brain. Research shows that approximately 90% of the serotonin for the Head Brain is produced in the Gut Brain. If the Gut is not working then this serotonin is often not being supplied naturally. Serotonin Drugs may assist with a replacement supply. We often work on the Gut through the feet and hands with reflexology. Often the patient will not let me touch their stomach. Sometimes they will not even let me touch their head because of the “electrical storms” going on in
their brain. Also work is required to be done in their Cardiac Brain on their sternum or thoracic regions to assist them to reconnect with their FEELINGS.
- We also describe the Cephalic or Head Brain as the Conscious Mind (approximately only 10% of our brain functioning). We also describe the Cardiac Brain on their sternum or thoracic region and the Enteric or Gut Brain as the Subconscious Mind which represents approximately 90% of the brain functioning of the body. We then recognise both these operate within the functioning of the clients Superconscious Mind at a soul or energetic level through the Endocrine or Chakra Belief Points. We work with Belief Point Transformation techniques of Byron Katie and PSYCH-K®.
- Often physical pain in the body is being suppressed and hence denied. The client often finds it hard to FEEL anything physically. The mind’s ability to deny the existence of pain is often a survival mode. Sensory inhibitor drugs and the use of alcohol in the form of self-medication often slow the process of recovery. Sometimes it takes much longer for the brain to experience the difference between say a pain in the shoulder and no pain in the shoulder. However, once the brain has become aware of a pain in the shoulder then it can reactivate its original DNA blueprint to rebuild a healthy shoulder. Blocked energy patterning is harder to release if the ability to “Feel” is being suppressed.
- Often emotional stress builds an “Armoured” or steel like affect within the fascia or skin layer around and within the muscles. This often takes a two stepped process to remove the emotion stress and then the armoured physical stress. We use Myofascial Release (Myo – muscle and Fascia – skin) to increase the supply of blood to enable self-healing. We then use the Emmett Technique to turn on the electrical functioning of the muscle.
- Self-responsibility is vital. One has to obtain permission to work on an area that the client is comfortable with. They have their pain for a reason and it is their companion. One cannot assist an area until the usefulness or intention is learnt, assimilated or FORGIVEN. You can make suggestions for different attitudes, different emotional reactions, but first spiritual intentions of “SELF above SERVICE” may need to be reversed to “SERVICE above SELF”. This may take some time! This work is further understood through the connection of the Conscious Mind, Subconscious Mind and the Connection with the Superconscious Mind. Working with the superconscious Mind often requires the use of the subtler therapies of Sound Healing with Solfeggio 528 Frequencies, Colour Therapy, Aroma Therapy, Bush Essences, Pellowah Healing,
Reconnective Healing, Pranic Healing and Reiki Healing.
- Also “Reasons for the current situation” can be brought with them via DNA Memories and Biogenic Tagging from past generations or from soul memories through Past life and “Life Between Life” Soul’s Life purpose regressions. This is useful for discussion only if the client and their carers are open to this and is generally not discussed at the beginning but when trust has been firmly established.
- We also take into consideration the relationship’s the client has with a carer or family members. Sometimes the carer and family members need assistance well before a shift can be made with the client.