Is your strong-willed, artistic, empathetic child an Indigo Child?
Parenting is never an easy task and there’s no one formula that fits all. But, when you’re faced with the task of bringing up an especially talented, often precocious child who, on one hand seems far too mature, and on the other hand, strong-willed and defiant of authority, you’re at a loss. If you have an Indigo Child, this feeling of awe and helplessness is typical, and you’re not alone.
Who is an Indigo Child?
Rather than following the learned logic of the mind, an Indigo Child will instead listen to their heart and tap into their inner knowledge and the universal wisdom. Social creatures, they often exhibit a greater connectivity with others and the environment than their peers. And, it is said they operate from the Heart of Love and Forgiveness than from the logic of fear, revenge and resentment.
Many sources indicate that Indigo Children represent a higher level of human evolution. These sources believe that this has been made possible by the incarnation of a soul that chose to come to earth to assist in the Transformation of the Consciousness of the Planet for Mankind’s benefit.
Drawing their name from their indigo-coloured aura that represents the Pineal Gland, third eye or intuitive heart knowledge, Indigo Children are here with a purpose–the purpose of elevating human consciousness to a new level of spirituality, in harmony with the Universal Spirit and the application of “Love your neighbour as yourself” as if you are connected as One Being.
It is no accident that they possess wisdom beyond their age.
How do you recognize an Indigo Child?
Parents are usually the first to recognize that a child is extraordinary in some way with heightened sensitivity. Parenting an Indigo Child can be challenging, but as with most things, arming yourself with knowledge and understanding can help you to support your child through their life’s journey.
Please note: Indigo Children can also be described as Crystal Children, Starseed Children or even those exhibiting the Peaceful Energy of the Seven Sisters of Pleiades as described in Greek mythology.
Sometimes these constantly active, highly intelligent yet dyslexic and artistic children may be branded as having ADD or ADHD. However, often the reason they display many of the characteristics of these disorders because their brains vibrate at a higher frequency and constant movement is needed to anchor them.
Once misunderstood these children often exhibit anxiety and depression and suffer from stress and anorexia.
Because of their sensitivity to their environment, Indigo Children can also suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Chronic Compassion Fatigue from an overload of tragic news items of wars, greed, sickness, disease, death and hopelessness from listening to Man’s Inhumanity to their fellow Man and to the depletion of the environment.
Indigo Children are known to:
- Display empathy toward others and wisdom beyond their age
- Think and act for themselves and refuse to conform to set norms
- Not submit to authority and rules when they are not backed by valid reasons
- Show a special affinity and oneness with plants, animals and other natural elements and sometimes speak of multi-dimensional understandings.
- Do not fit into the framework generally considered normal for their age and peer group
- Many of them plug themselves away into virtual realities on the Internet and get lost on addictions.
- Many of them experience traumatic events and then suffer neurological illnesses, epilepsy, seizures, obesity, diabetes, MS, Crohn’s disease of the digestive system, fatigues of the adrenals, breakdowns of immune system and lung disorders around the heart region.
- Creative right-brain thinkers with artistic abilities, inclinations and solutions.
- Highly intelligent but their grades at school do not reflect this – often diagnosed with dyslexia, dysgraphia and dyscalculia
- Intuitive, and have insights, knowledge, and extra sensory perception that cannot be explained
- Highly sensitive to changes in the environment and intolerant to foods such as glutens, dairy and sugar and chemical, toxins and pollutants.
- Restless and constantly moving, often gaining the ADD/ADHD label
- Emotionally reactive, given to angry outbursts and displaying symptoms of anxiety and depression if not being listened to or understood.
- They have a propensity to reawaken from the “Disillusionment of this non realty” once they have been given the chance to ‘Ask for Change’ and encouragement to Listen to and Trust once again the Still Small Voice found within their Heart which is a constant Companion and Light of Hope for all of Eternity.
If your child has many of the above characteristics, you could have an Indigo Child. Knowing the origin, characteristics and needs of the Indigo Child will enable you to provide the right atmosphere, nourishment and nurturing your child requires to realize their true potential.
How to deal with your Indigo Child?
- Give up time from your busy “Doing and Having Schedule” and spend time with your Indigo Child which “Equals to Being Loved by You for them”.
- Spend time explaining to your Indigo Child the understanding and the rationale behind rules and authority figures. Taking the time to explain the connection between actions and consequences will win their compliance.
- Spell out their responsibilities such as studies and other chores, giving them the freedom to decide the consequences of their non-performance.
They need structure, discipline in their life and assistance to becoming unplugged which a compassionate parent can assist them to achieve.
- Break down the chores into several bits to make it easy for them.
Often our left-brain oriented academic system is not equipped to deal with these right-brain thinkers; their grades usually do not reflect their abilities. These kinaesthetic and visual learners need opportunities to exercise their right brain.
They often have difficulty falling asleep, and are troubled by dreams that connect them to their original nature. These nightmares are often their Still Small Voice Within just trying to yell at them to Reawaken and Listen, so treat them as the messengers of Hope.
- It is essential to keep their rooms uncluttered with soothing colours and soft textures.
- Lavender and chamomile oils will help them relax, as will soft rhythmic music and solfeggio frequencies.
- Assuring them about the protective presence of angels may make them feel safe, as well as a reassuring supportive home environment.
- Remedial massage and mindful techniques such as those offered by Alive Radiant Therapies can help your Indigo Child to reconnect to their true purpose, alleviate anxiety and listen to their bodies.
Support system for the Indigo Child
Help your child connect with other Indigo Children. Since the stresses of living in this world can get to Indigo Children, relaxation techniques and Mindfulness are beneficial to their well-being. Alive Radiant Therapies offer several services such as Remedial Massage and Therapeutic Reflexology tailored to calm and reawaken their closed down or traumatised systems of the Indigo Child.
Contact Robert from Alive Radiant Therapies today to learn more about how you can help your Indigo Child deal with the special challenges they may be facing, enabling them to enjoy a fulfilling childhood and realise their true potential.
Refer and research widely on the topic for a greater understanding which we have enclosed here.
Specific Reference material. Indigo children, Starseed, Pleiadians, Crystal Children and Light worker.
- youtube.com/watch?v=TT6qWghHkFI How to be a Miracle Worker: Gabrielle Bernstein at TEDxFiDiWoman. Based on the Source Material of The Course in Miracles and referenced at www.gabbyb.tv and www.acim.org/
- youtube.com/watch?v=fxvriVUk_5A The Indigo Evolution Full Length Documentary Indigo children
- youtube.com/watch?v=Ks-_Mh1QhMc Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are
- www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleiades_in_folklore_and_literature Pleiades in Folklore & literature
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxbMZYl6WYk Delores Cannon Three waves of Volunteers.
- www.pmhatwater.hypermart.net/ PMH Atwater Researcher. Indigo Children of the Fifth World.
- Authors. Barbara Hand Clow and Barbara Marciniak “Family of Light”
- www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru Subaru cars use the Pleiades Star system as their logo.
- www.google.com.au “Images” – “Torus Energy” and “Light Body”.
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oSePXRbW9o The Miracle of 528 Hz Solfeggio and Fibonacci numbers
- www.thrivemovement.com/ Thrive: What on Earth Will It Take? -The movie.
- www.barbaramarxhubbard.com/site/ Conscious Evolution by Barbara Marx Hubbard.
- http://www.thecuriousdreamer.com/dreamdictionary/ Understand your dream meaning.